Friday, January 10, 2014

Checking In

Well I'm about one week into my supposed new diet and exercise regime. Did it happen? Not exactly. For one, I was stuck out of state with my family (extremely happy extenuating circumstances), and then got a horrible cold, and then had to go into the doctor for a minor procedure which resulted in a small hole in my head and 5 stitches. Frankenstein is so the new black. Get on my level! Oh, and my period started, so all the chocolate, all the time.

So did I get to workout? Twice. Did I stick to a strict new diet? Nope. There was french fries at least twice, and french toast casserole that I'm told had a full 2 sticks of butter in it. I did try to moderate it, sticking to small portions, and renewed my tracking efforts. And guess what? I'm still down nearly 5 lbs this week.

First thought: SWEET!!

Second thought: Jeez. Just how bad was I eating during the holidays?? I am only 2 lbs away from losing all the weight I gained over the holidays, (YES!) but the fact that I can still eat like this, not workout that much, and drop makes me wonder just how much I must have been consuming during the holidays.

Anyway, the stitches come out next week. And aside from the constant minor headache and occasional dizzy spells I'm already feeling 10x better than yesterday (when I had the procedure), so hopefully I can get back in the saddle soon. This pudge needs to go. We are tacking on a new motivation/goal:

*drumroll*

At the end of may - or a week after I run my first half marathon - my mom is taking me with my Aunt & two cousins on a girl's trip to Italy. Believe it or not I hesitated before jumping on board. My mom, Aunt, and myself get along best if we are at least 100 miles apart. Different lifestyles etc. Italy is a dream trip for me. But the people you go with contributes greatly to any experience and going with two conservative waspish seniors and my young conforming conservative cousins...well, it made me pause. However as my friend Chris (aka Mr. Charm) emphasized: FREE TRIP TO ITALY. You do not turn that down. Ever. So I'd like to work my ass off to like every single picture that comes back from that trip, to not feel like the fat American tourist. I'm going to refresh my Italian (I borrowed the rosetta stone basics from my in-laws), run my ass off and get a proper wardrobe. Hopefully I can solo day trips in on my own. We'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment